SyncBackSE is a powerful file backup and synchronisation tool which can be used with hard drives, removable media, network shares, FTP servers and more.
The program enables you to set up backup or synchronization profiles. A backup profile essentially copies the source folders and their contents to the backup location. A synchronize profile changes data in both directions to ensure that source and destination locations are the same.
You can set the program to work in simple or expert mode depending on whether you want an easily configured backup or if you need to use more sophisticated settings.
The simple mode is fine for many situations, but if you need real control then expert mode certainly delivers. For example, once you've configured your profile, click When and you can have your job run when you press a hotkey, log in or log off, when certain files or folders are changed on the source or destination, when a particular disk is detected, when a certain application starts or stops, or at some fixed interval (or any combination of those).
The trial build is fully functional, and runs for 30 days. There's a good local Help file if you need assistance (and you might, there's a lot to explore), while a full knowledge base and community forum are available onliine.
Version 220.127.116.11 brings:
- Pro/SE/Free: IPC to allow profiles to be monitored and stopped from other processes
- Pro/SE: Pushover support to send a message if a profile run fails
- Pro/SE: Runtime Intelligence
- Pro/SE: SyncBack Touch support
- Pro/SE: MTP
- Group profiles now have log files
- Support for Microsoft Exchange for sending email
- When->Insert profile settings page will show drive inserts and removes
- When using option to delete all empty folders it will now record deletion and failure to delete in log
- Can export differences from Differences window
- Can specify filters for what files to verify or not verify
- On Differences window can now choose to abort just that profile in group from Abort button
- On Differences window can now choose to skip Differences window in future from Continue button
- 20% improvement in scan performance when using DOS filters (the default)
- Email Support Ticket menu item in Help menu. Auto-fills product and Windows version and searches online KB.
- Numerous items fixed when using high DPI display and scaling
- Resume on FTP upload/download if connection lost and start profile again. Also works with standard Windows file copy.
- Better checking to see if trying to close SyncBack with AutoClose. Also does not record a warning or error if trying to close self.
- Setup->Copy/Delete->Warning profile settings page
- Checkboxes for run before and after
- Option to not replace non-empty files with empty files
- Better chance of detecting if profile is already running in another process and session
- Search for profiles by their name and source and destination folders. Can use wildcards.
- Rollback feature on Differences window
- Sparse files are copied correctly using Backup file copying method
- Option to use backup copy method when copying sparse files
- Can specify idle time for periodic background runs
- Can specify idle time for on changes runs
- OneDrive placeholder files are ignored (must be using Windows 8.1 or newer)
- Option to not use current username and password for Windows network connections
- Profile history column widths and hidden/not hidden state saved
- Finding files in Differences window
- Windows environment variables are now read from the current state instead of from when the process was started
- Uses profile run history to pre-allocate file and directory lists in memory
- Use large cache option for faster network scanning
- Search online knowledge base (via Help main menu)
- Manifest updated for Windows 8.1 compatibility