RJ TextEd is a free Unicode text and source code editor.
The program has many powerful editing features. An advanced Search and Replace document includes support for regular expressions; there's a built-in spell checker; tabs so you can have several files open at once; multiple (and more intelligent) clipboards speed up your cut and paste operations; and there are plenty of other additional features, everywhere you look.
In Notepad, say, you can only delete the current character. In RJ TextEd that are separate hotkeys to delete the current word, the previous word, and delete text to or from the beginning of the current line or sentence. As well as deleting the current sentence, all blank lines in the document, and more.
The program also includes many more developer-specific features: code completion, code folding, HTML validation, CSS/HTML preview, a syntax editor, colour picker, charmap and more.
And if you're thinking it sounds like you could develop an entire website in the program, you're right. And it doesn't stop there: RJ-TextEd also includes a dual-pane file manager, and you even get an integrated (S)FTP client to upload your files when you've finished.
Version 10.0 brings:
- The main program and all included tools are available in 32 and 64 bit versions.
- The sidebars and bottom-bar has been removed and replaced by dock-able panels. Panels can be pinned, unpinned and dragged to almost any position you want.
- A new Themes system makes it easy to change the application skin, panel style, editor colors and more
- The programming languages and components now fully support Unicode.
- Firefox and Chrome previews have been removed as they were buggy and difficult to maintain. The IE Preview is still available.
- Passwords to remote FTP servers are encrypted, when store locally. This new version is not compatible with the old versions, so you will have to re-enter all passwords to your FTP/SFTP servers and proxy servers again.