NetSetMan is a time-saving tool that makes it easy to change your network settings as you move from one network to another.
If this is something you do often then you'll know how much hassle it can be. You may have to change your IP address, DNS server, workgroup, IPv6/ IPv6 settings, default printer, network drives and more to match the network you've just reached. Go home, and you'll need to switch everything back. And the whole process starts again the next day.
With NetSetMan, though, this is no longer a problem. You can create a network profile for every network you visit (up to 6) covering all those settings, along with your gateway, WINS server, computer name, SMTP server, host file entries and other details. And then, when you move from home to University, say, just choose the appropriate profile and NetSetMan will change all the settings for you.
Please note, this free version is for non-commercial purposes only, so you can't use it at work. If that's a problem, you can always purchase the Pro version, which can be used anywhere, adds support for switching your domain and proxy settings, and allows an unlimited number of profiles. Prices start at 21.42 Euros and you can read more, and place your order at the NetSetMan site.
- NEW language: Georgian
- NEW: Connections (RAS/DUN/PPP/VPN)
- NEW: Option to retry a profile activation if some setting failed
- NEW: Tray click option: Show Tray Info (useful for touchscreens)
- Net Drive connection process now faster
- Large files (>100MB) are now excluded for FF proxy, hosts and SMTP
- UI adjustments for Hosts dialog
- Some performance improvements for the main user interface