EMDB is a powerful database that makes it easy to keep track of your movie collection.
How easy? To add a movie you simply enter its title, click the Search IMDB button, and EMDB will track down matching movies for you. Choose the right one and it automatically finds and fills in details like the cover art, cast, genre, director, duration and a whole lot more.
You can then customise the entry with a rating, or more specific information about your copy. Like, is it a VHS tape, DVD, Blu-ray disc, something else? Is it a PAL, SECAM or NTSC copy? Which region is it? And the list goes on.
Or, if you're in a hurry, you can just click OK and add this particular movie to your collection. Which is very nicely displayed, with your movie cover art images laid out on a virtual shelf (although you can also opt for a more ordinary text-based list, if you like).
Once you've finished then the database can have several possible applications. You're able to use it to track movies you've loaned to others, for instance. Or to create Wish Lists of movies you like, but just haven't got around to buying yet.
And if you've a particularly impressive collection, then the Export option will allow you to save its details on HTML pages, ready for uploading to a website and sharing with the world.
Version 2.06 brings:
- User Interface: Movie tooltip was sometimes (partially) outside the desktop window.
- User Interface: Added an option to search movies by their version.
- Database: Added an option to re-generate the thumbnails (to match the movie numbers as a lot of people seem to want this).
- Database: Added Indonesian as possible language / subtitle.
- IMDb Import: importing the original title as alternative title did not work.
- Add from HDD: a single NFO-file in a folder with multiple movies was used for all movies in that folder.
- Add from HDD: Images in the movie folder were not always picked up.
- User Interface: You can now select multiple certifications in the Search Certifications screen.
- System: Added support for *.f4v and *.mpeg movie types.
- System: If you did a search/filter and than switched to a different database no movies showed up.
- Csv Import: Added support to import custom numbers.
- Database: When adding subtitles to multiple movies, their 3D info got deleted.
- Skins: Fixed setting of the PLAY, HARDDISK and DATABASE icons ands updated the Comicons skin accordingly.
- Database: Added Flash and MPEG-4 codec to the codecs and made the codecs to show alphabeticaly.
- IMDb Import: Fixed title and alternative title were not set when directly entering the IMDb number instead of searching the title.
- Translations: Updated the Catalan and Dutch translations.