Adblock Plus is a Firefox add-on that makes ads disappear (and has plenty of other useful features, too).
Just install the tool, restart Firefox and it'll begin filtering your web pages immediately. Most, if not all of those annoying Flash ads will disappear right away, speeding up your browsing and allowing you to concentrate on the site content.
The program hasn't worked for you? Adblock Plus provides a choice of more than 40 filters, and you can choose the ones that are most effective for you.
There are filters for many languages beyond just English, for instance, from Dutch, French and German, to Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, and more.
And you can also install filters for many specific purposes: to block ads on adult or P2P websites, to protect you from privacy risks, keep you safe from known malware domains, and even a blacklist for known Rickrolling pages (no, really...).
Version 2.6.7 changes:
- Removed ‘Hide placeholders of blocked elements’ option from the user interface (issue 1670).
- Fixed: First-run page broken in Firefox nightlies if E10S is enabled (issue 1663, issue 1706).
- Fixed first-run page layout for right-to-left languages (issue 1668).
- Fixed: “Adblock Warning Removal List” is being displayed as the selected list on Firefox Mobile (issue 1712).
- Fixed: “Disable on site” doesn’t always show up on Firefox Mobile (issue 1713).