Adblock Plus is a Firefox add-on that makes ads disappear (and has plenty of other useful features, too).
Just install the tool, restart Firefox and it'll begin filtering your web pages immediately. Most, if not all of those annoying Flash ads will disappear right away, speeding up your browsing and allowing you to concentrate on the site content.
The program hasn't worked for you? Adblock Plus provides a choice of more than 40 filters, and you can choose the ones that are most effective for you.
There are filters for many languages beyond just English, for instance, from Dutch, French and German, to Chinese, Vietnamese, Japanese, and more.
And you can also install filters for many specific purposes: to block ads on adult or P2P websites, to protect you from privacy risks, keep you safe from known malware domains, and even a blacklist for known Rickrolling pages (no, really...).
What's new in 2.6.4?
- Made sure that data is always written to disk immediately whenever filter hit counts are reset (issue 430).
- Fixed: Moving filters with Ctrl-Up/Down doesn’t work in Firefox 30 and above (issue 716).
-Fixed: Find functionality in the preferences doesn’t indicate that the search pattern wasn’t found (issue 455).
- Fixed: User isn’t informed about anti-adblock warnings on websites producing them (issue 764).
- Fixed: Blockable items aren’t refreshed on tab change in SeaMonkey (issue 290).
- Fixed: “Disable on this page only” doesn’t work correctly if the address ends with # (issue 580).