DU Meter is a powerful and highly configurable network monitor that helps you keep a very close eye on how your network and internet traffic is being used.
The program is unusually smart. You don't have to monitor all network traffic, for instance, although that's one option: you can also have DU Meter track just your internet activities, or only your local LAN traffic.
Set that up and a small but informative chart will immediately begin displaying your current upload and download speed. This works for us, but if you disagree then there are plenty of tweaks to apply. You're able to choose from 3 graph types; you can display separate graphs for uploads and downloads; the graph can be embedded in your taskbar, or even collapsed to a tiny bar with upload and download figures only.
If you don't want to watch your bandwidth all the time, then you can just have DU Meter warn you when your total monthly traffic exceeds a particular figure. It's possible to perform some action as a result of these alerts, too, for example stopping all network traffic once a particular limit has been reached.
Or you can browse a lengthy list of detailed reports. These cover the traffic today; your total traffic this week, this month and more (with projected estimates of what's going to happen in future); hourly, daily, weekly or monthly reports, and more. You can also figure out traffic costs and configure custom reports of your own, and any of these can be exported to PDF, XLS, CSV, HTML and other formats in a few clicks.
Version 6.40 (Change Log):
- Security update: OpenSSL libraries used by DU Meter for secure email communication have been updated to the latest version, due to security bugs discovered in previos versions.
- Security update: DU Meter executables have been signed with IEEE Taggant security certificates to prevent rare antivirus false positive reports.
- Rare memory leak problem has been fixed.
- Automatic error reporting and recovery has been enhanced to report possible memory leaks and application hangs.
- Installer has been improved to install and uninstall in silent mode correctly.
- Several additional minor bugs and typos have been fixed.