FastStone is a lightweight, yet amazingly versatile screen capture tool that allows you to capture and annotate just about anything you might need.
The program comes with a host of capture types, for instance: it can grab the full screen, the currently active window, a rectangular region of the screen, a freehand region, even a scrolling window, perfect for obtaining an image of a lengthy web page.
And if an image isn't enough, then FastStone Capture can also record on-screen activity, complete with sound, and save it as a video.
By default your captures will be sent to the FastStone editor. Here you can crop, rotate or resize an image, sharpen it, tweak brightness or colours, add lines, shapes, highlights, watermarks and more.
But if you don't need any processing then you can tell FastStone Capture to despatch your images directly to files (the program is able to generate file names automatically), the clipboard; your printer, emails, Word or PowerPoint documents, and more.
There are stacks of extras everywhere you look: a colour picker, screen magnifier, screen ruler, multi-monitor support, and more. Yet the program remains amazingly compact, consuming under 500KB when running in the background, and very little more even when it's active.
Please note, while FastStone Capture is a commercial product, what you're buying is a lifetime licence: all future updates are yours for free.
FastStone Capture 7.6 brings these changes:
- Added "Screen Crosshair".
- Added "Join Images Side by Side".
- Added option "Show resizing handles on image borders" to the Settings (in Editor tab).
- Added option "Copy captured image to Clipboard automatically" to the Settings (in Capture tab).
- Added a "Reset" button to the Settings window so you can reset your settings to their default values
- Improved "Video Editor"
- Added "Step Forward" and "Step Backward" for navigation between video frames
- Fixed a bug: some part of video frames are black when viewed in the video editor
- Improved "Screen Ruler"
- Other minor improvements and bug fixes