Comodo Antivirus is a powerful antivirus tool that uses multiple layers of protection to keep your PC malware-free.
A behavioural scanning system watches running processes for suspect behaviour, for example, uncovering even zero-day threats before they can cause any damage.
Cloud-based whitelisting and detection systems improve accuracy, cut false positives, and deliver a faster response to new malware.
Back on your own PC, Comodo's Defense+ technology alerts you to applications that behave suspiciously. And if you download a program which you're not entirely sure is safe, then using Comodo's Sandbox allows you to run it in an isolated environment, where it won't be able to affect the rest of your PC.
Of course you also get a strong core antivirus engine, which scans all the files you access to detect and remove incoming threats. Explorer integration allows you to scan selected files, folders or entire drives from a right-click menu option, while the scheduler runs regular scans, even when you're not around.
New features this time include an auto-sandboxing policy, which by default keeps dubious programs isolated from your PC.
If this doesn't suit your needs, no problem: it's now possible to set up your own auto-sandboxing rules, using parameters like file reputation and origin.
Comodo Antivirus 8 now takes advantage of hardware virtualisation when available, allowing the program to operate at the hypervisor level.
An improved Viruscope makes it easier to monitor your system for unwanted applications.
Comodo Antivirus logs events to the Windows Event Logs, useful when you're troubleshooting.
This all comes packaged in a flat-look interface, which has also been redesigned to simplify navigation.
What's new in 8.2?
- New File Rating list. Possibility to define custom file rating in parallel with Comodo rating. File Details dialog with Comodo information
- New File Group. Management and Productivity Applications
- Sandbox. Added File Age filter in Auto-Sandbox rules. Added "Ignore any Metro app" rule in Auto-Sandbox. Option to switch off “Created By” and “Origin” sources tracking (ADS creation omitted)
- New Alert Sound. New Audio for alerts
- Managing Viruscope state from main UI and Widget
- Active Processes List task in Tasks pane
- Upgrade. New upgrade button option on UI
- Multi-Language support. Vietnamese and Romanian language support
- Supported OS. Added Windows 10 Tech Preview Support