NetSetMan is a straightforward network settings manager that makes it quick and easy to configure your laptop for home, college, and other frequently-visited networks.
The program works by creating profiles for each network you use, up to a maximum of six. These profiles can define your IP address, DNS server, computer name, workgroup, default printer, network drive mappings, host file entries, and more.
Not enough? You can also configure scripts to run whenever you select a particular profile, and these could run programs, stop and start services, tweak Registry settings, do almost anything you like.
And then, when you revisit a network, there's no longer any need to manually adjust all your settings. Simply choose the appropriate profile and NetSetMan will change everything for you automatically, and in just a few seconds.
This version is free, but for personal, non-commercial use only. If you want to use it at work then you'll need to purchase the Pro version, which also includes a few extras. You're able to set up an unlimited number of profiles, and these can additionally include your network domain, proxy settings and browser home page (IE and Firefox).
Version 4.0.0 (Changelog).
- Throughout enhanced: 80% of the source code has been rewritten
- NEW: AutoSwitch!
- Completely redesigned: All conditions freely combinable
- Activation visibility: Message+Dialog, Balloon, Hidden
- Animated tray icon when activation dialog is hidden
- AutoSwitch info in Compact Mode, Tray Info and Profile Management
- NEW: Network Adapter Bar
- 3 consistent icons: add subprofile, refresh, adapter status
- Tooltip with additional information about the selected adapter
- Option to disable all other adapters by creating individual sub-profiles
- NEW: NSM Administration additional options:
- Restrict access to certain profiles and/or settings
- Password protected profile activation
- NEW: System Setting "Time Zone"
- NEW: Context menu for all settings in Full Mode (Get, Clear, Copy, Paste)
- NEW: Waiting for network to be ready after changing IP settings
- NEW: Import/Export of single profiles
- NEW: Copy/Paste individual settings from/to profiles and to clipboard
- NEW: Profile settings information included in activation log
- NEW: Windows 10 (Technical Preview) support
- NEW: Full support for Large Fonts display settings
- NEW: The improved NSM Service now enabled by default