Camtasia Studio is a powerful screencasting tool that makes it easy to record what's happening on your PC, convert the results into a polished presentation, then share it with the world.
The program has many applications. You could use it to create a demo of your latest software, for instance. Or a technical support clip showing people how to perform some complicated PC task. Camtasia Studio can record your performance in many games, so you can show off your skills. And it's even able to save a local copy of a streaming video clip, complete with audio.
Capturing is straightforward. Choose the size or window you'd like to capture, click the Record button and carry out whatever actions you need. Press [F10] when you're finished and Camtasia Studio will convert your screen activity into a movie.
A wide range of editing options will then help to change your rough cut into something more professional. You're able to insert title pages, apply captions, include photos or video clips, add a soundtrack, and more. It's easy to highlight cursor movements and mouse clicks to help people see what you're doing, or, if you prefer, you can have Camtasia Studio zoom in on important areas. It's even possible to add graphics with clickable links that will take viewers to another part of the video, or an external web page.
When you've finished, Camtasia Studio can export your movie to many different formats: MP4, FLV, SWF, MPV, AVI, Silverlight-compatible WMV, MOV, RM, even animated GIF or MP3. Or, if you prefer, the program will upload your movie directly to YouTube or Screencast.com, TechSmith's own video hosting service.
Camtasia Studio 8.1.0 is a minor update. New features/changes include:
- Added stitching (usability enhancement for editing on the timeline)
- Added remove a color visual effect
- Enhanced smart player embed size and SCORM support
- Improved recording support for Windows 8
- Added support for 64-bit PowerPoint Add-in
- Added copy and paste of animations
- Added ability to multi-select and drag animations
- Added easing to animations
- Added ability to crop videos
- Improved zooming workflow
- Improved timeline performance