Adobe Photoshop Elements is the consumer version of Photoshop: low cost, easy to use, yet still full of powerful photo editing and management features.
The program makes it easy to organise your images into albums, for instance, and tag them with keywords so they're easy to locate later. But that's just the start.
Photoshop Elements also includes automatic face recognition, so you can find all the shots of a specific friend or family member in seconds. Well, almost all: awkward lighting or faces shot at an angle may defeat the recognition scheme, but it does at least get you started and you can always tag the trickier shots yourself.
And the program's Smart Tags go even further. Run Photoshop Elements Auto Analyzer and it will automatically assign them tags like "High Quality" or "Low Quality", "Faces" or "Long Shot", "In Focus" or "Blurred". And so you can double-click the Faces tag, say, and instantly see shots of friends and family. This regularly makes errors, too, but it's fine as an initial tagging tool, and will save you a great deal of time when organising a large photo collection.
Of course there are also plenty of amazing editing options. Recompose is particularly interesting, letting you resize a photo, keeping the key subjects while losing unnecessary background detail. Photomerge combines the best from a series of photos of the same subject to deliver one perfect result. And new preview thumbnails display a range of adjustments for any particular tweak, making it easy to choose your favourite.
There are also creative projects, where you can quickly design your own photo books, greetings cards, slideshows and more. Your favourite images can be shared with others via Yahoo! Maps, iPhones, your own online album, and more. And multiple backup options help keep your valuable photos save from PC disaster.
This is the brand new Photoshop Elements 11. New features include:
- A completely refreshed, user-friendly interface featuring the same engine as Adobe Photoshop - the industry standard for digital imaging - includes easily-navigated Quick, Guided and Expert editing modes; one-click options; a helpful Action bar; and big, bold icons to help users get the most from their shots
- Organize photos based on people, places (via Google maps geo-tagging) or events easily and intuitively
- New Guided Edits make pro-level effects like tilt-shift, vignettes and high and low-key easy to create
- New filters – Comic, Graphic Novel and Pen & Ink – inspire creativity by turning photos into stunning illustrations
- Intelligent Photoshop technology makes it easy to extract objects from different photos
- Easily share photos via email, Facebook, YouTube™, Vimeo® and more†
Note the download here will give you the Adobe Download Manager where you'll need to login, choose Photoshop Elements 11 and download.