PhraseExpress is a clever text replacement tool that adds productivity-boosting features to almost every Windows application.
It can automatically expand commonly used phrases, for instance. Type "adr" and the program can replace it with your address; enter "sig" and it could be expanded to your regular signature. You're able to create as many phrases as you need, and they'll work in most Windows programs.
Automatic spell check is another useful benefit. There's nothing to set up, no options to configure, PhraseExpress simply works in the background, monitoring whatever you type, and correcting any errors as they appear. And again, this works everywhere, in Notepad, all browsers, wherever you type blocks of text.
There's a clipboard cache, which keeps track of everything you've pasted into the clipboard recently. If you'd pasted a lengthy URL to the clipboard, say, then accidentally overwritten it with something else, this isn't a problem. Just right-click the PhraseExpress system tray icon, click Clipboard Express and select the URL from the list.
The program also recognises repetitive text automatically, and can complete full sentences for you. A macro facility carries out special tasks just by typing text shortcuts, so for instance you might type "word" to launch Microsoft Word. And a comprehensive settings dialog ensures you can customise every aspect of PhraseExpress to work exactly as you'd like.
PhraseExpress v12 is a major update with these new features (see the full changelog):
- New user interface. Introduces a fresh new Microsoft Office 2016 style user interface with ribbon-menus
- Enhanced Cross-Platform Compatibility. Sync phrases with Apple Mac, iPhone and iPad and Android
- Multi-Language Phrases
- Advanced Phrase File Synchronization. PhraseExpress keeps the history of phrase file changes
- Quotes in the popup search features enables exact search.
- Macro parameters can now be shown in formatted phrases as well.
- Phrase access settings now also include Active Directory sub groups.
- A PhraseExpress for Windows license is now required for cloud/mobile device synchronization.
- File export into Plain Text, Rich Text and Microsoft Word format.
- "Cheat sheet" feature to print a list of phrases including autotext and hotkey associations.
Simple and effective way to save time on typing, avoid typos and minimise spelling mistakes