Jv16 PowerTools is a comprehensive suite that includes all the usual PC maintenance and cleanup tools, and a few less common modules, too.
So of course you get a Registry cleaner, a hard drive cleanup tool and a Duplicate File Finder, along with tools to uninstall unwanted software, control your Startup programs, manage your Windows services, clear your application and browser histories, apply a few Windows tweaks, and more.
Less common modules include the Registry Finder, that makes it easy to locate Registry keys containing the text you define. And a powerful File tool allows you to perform all kinds of functions on the files you specify: encrypt, decrypt, global search and replace, split or join, mass rename, remove on reboot, and more.
There are some thoughtful touches here. Run the Startup Manager, say, and not only will it list your regular Windows startup programs, but it'll also tell you how much RAM they're using right now (assuming they're active), handy as an indicator of the system resources you might be able to save.
Other modules aren't so successful, though: for instance, the File Cleaner found very few files on our test PC, grouped them in a confusing way so it was hard to identify what it had uncovered, and didn't even give us a total figure for the drive space they were occupying.
It's hard to recommend Jv16 PowerTools entirely, then, but the sheer volume of options and features means it may be worth a look. Especially as the trial version runs for 60 days, so there's plenty of time to explore everything on offer here, and find out what the program can do for you.
What's new in 184.108.40.2067 (see changelog for more)?
- Bug fix: Running Clean And Fix My Computer in most aggressive mode can in some cases damage the Windows Start menu.
- Bug fix: In Clean And Fix My Computer as well as other registry tools of the software, the top panel displays the currently selected registry key either in red or green, depending whether the key exists or not. In some cases, valid registry keys were incorrectly displayed in red.
- Bug fix: Fixed many grammar mistakes from the English user interface.
- Bug fix: The software can in rare cases display an error message of Access violation at address 006AE5AF.
- Bug fix: The software can in rare cases display an error message of Access violation at address 0047318E.
- Bug fix: The Open in RegEdit feature does not always work with the Registry Finder’s result window.
- Improvement: The Software Uninstaller can now detect more software and uninstall them with higher accuracy.
jv16 PowerTools is a little variable in quality - some modules are good, others far less useful - but the sheer weight of features means it's still worth a look