Jv16 PowerTools is a comprehensive suite that includes all the usual PC maintenance and cleanup tools, and a few less common modules, too.
So of course you get a Registry cleaner, a hard drive cleanup tool and a Duplicate File Finder, along with tools to uninstall unwanted software, control your Startup programs, manage your Windows services, clear your application and browser histories, apply a few Windows tweaks, and more.
Less common modules include the Registry Finder, that makes it easy to locate Registry keys containing the text you define. And a powerful File tool allows you to perform all kinds of functions on the files you specify: encrypt, decrypt, global search and replace, split or join, mass rename, remove on reboot, and more.
There are some thoughtful touches here. Run the Startup Manager, say, and not only will it list your regular Windows startup programs, but it'll also tell you how much RAM they're using right now (assuming they're active), handy as an indicator of the system resources you might be able to save.
Other modules aren't so successful, though: for instance, the File Cleaner found very few files on our test PC, grouped them in a confusing way so it was hard to identify what it had uncovered, and didn't even give us a total figure for the drive space they were occupying.
It's hard to recommend Jv16 PowerTools entirely, then, but the sheer volume of options and features means it may be worth a look. Especially as the trial version runs for 60 days, so there's plenty of time to explore everything on offer here, and find out what the program can do for you.
jv16 PowerTools X is a new release with these changes:
- A new tool called the Startup Optimizer which is an easy-to-use tool designed to improve the way Windows starts up.
- The main product feature called Clean and Fix My Computer has been extended to merge all of the main Windows cleaning features into a single, easy-to-use tool.
- The Registry Cleaner, as well as other core features of the product are now fully merged to the Clean and Fix My Computer tool.
- The ‘My Account’ section has been added to the product’s main user interface in order to ensure a smooth transition between different versions of the product as well as a user-friendly license management and automatic licensing feature for already registered customers.
- The performance of all the main tools, including Clean and Fix My Computer and the Software Uninstaller have been greatly improved.
jv16 PowerTools is a little variable in quality - some modules are good, others far less useful - but the sheer weight of features means it's still worth a look