HyperSnap is an extremely versatile screen capture tool that includes an array of essential features.
The program provides a lengthy list of capture types, for instance: full screen, active window, region, the virtual desktop (even extending over multiple monitors), freehand shapes, scrolling windows (a web site that's too large for the screen, say), and more.
An extensive range of editing features then lets you tweak any grab to suit your needs. So you can crop, resize or rotate images, tweak colours, apply special effects, add stamps, captions, shapes and lines, or choose from a selection of paint tools.
If you don't need to edit your grabs, then there are many ways to speed up the capture process. HyperSnap can be configured to automatically save each capture to a file, for instance; upload it to an FTP server; print it out; copy it to the clipboard; even paste the capture into the application of your choice.
And just in case that's not enough, HyperSnap can now grab text, too. Just select a region on the screen, the program will grab editable text for you, then paste it wherever you like. It can even capture tab-delimited data for quick and easy pasting into Microsoft Excel.
What's new in v8?
- 64-bit version, allowing the use of the full potential of modern 64-bit computers
- Thumbnails list - select all or several of captured images and right-click, Save Selected
- Thumbnails list - select all or several of captured images and right-click: added new function "Email selected"
- The order of thumbnails in the thumbnail bar may now be re-arranged with drag and drop operation.
- You may now drag out one image thumb, or several of them if marked with check-marks, to Windows desktop or Explorer folders.
- Wider lines when drawing shapes possible
An impressive, versatile and easy-to-use screen capture tool