Most people are aware of the fact that their web browser stores a huge amount of information about online activity, and if this should fall into the wrong hands there could be untold consequences. But it is not just web browsers that track activities - the same is true of a huge number of programs as well as Windows itself.
WIPE is a privacy tool that can be used to ensure that no revealing information about computer activity is left on your hard drive. As well as clearing your browsing history and cookies, the program will also delete auto-complete entries, clean index.dat files and remove temporary internet files.
But it doesn't end there. WIPE will also clear the clipboard and the list of recently used files maintained by Windows. To hide information about pictures that have been viewed, thumbs.db files can be deleted as RSS logs can be cleared as well as countless other program logs.
There is built in support for a wide variety of programs from web browsers and media players to office tools and instant messaging clients. There are a number of wiping methods to choose from which help to ensure that any data that is deleted cannot be recovered - including Gutmann standard which overwrites data 39 times. If you want to protect your privacy, WIPE is the tool for you.
WIPE 2015.09 adds support for these apps:
- Added support for browser Chrome 45 (future version).
- Added support for browser FireFox 41 (future version).
- Added support for browser Yandex 15.7 (current version).
- Added support for browser Viber version 5.
- Added support for browser SlimJet version 4.
- Added support for WinZIP version 19.
- Added support for AcrobatReader version 15.
- Added support for browser Baidu (Spark) version 43.
- Added support for CCleaner 5.
- Added support for browser Comodo Chromdo version 44.
- Added support for FlashPlayer version 18.
- Added support for DropBox version 3.
WIPE makes it easy to protect your privacy and support for such a large number of programs helps to simplify the process of clearing activity logs beyond recovery.