Most people are aware of the fact that their web browser stores a huge amount of information about online activity, and if this should fall into the wrong hands there could be untold consequences. But it is not just web browsers that track activities - the same is true of a huge number of programs as well as Windows itself.
WIPE is a privacy tool that can be used to ensure that no revealing information about computer activity is left on your hard drive. As well as clearing your browsing history and cookies, the program will also delete auto-complete entries, clean index.dat files and remove temporary internet files.
But it doesn't end there. WIPE will also clear the clipboard and the list of recently used files maintained by Windows. To hide information about pictures that have been viewed, thumbs.db files can be deleted as RSS logs can be cleared as well as countless other program logs.
There is built in support for a wide variety of programs from web browsers and media players to office tools and instant messaging clients. There are a number of wiping methods to choose from which help to ensure that any data that is deleted cannot be recovered - including Gutmann standard which overwrites data 39 times. If you want to protect your privacy, WIPE is the tool for you.
WIPE 17.02 adds support for these apps:
• Added new code signing certificate.
• Added support for browser Chrome 57 (future version).
• Added support for browser Yandex 17 (all sub-versions).
• Added support for browser FireFox 52 (future version).
• Added support for browser Opera 44 (future version).
• Added support for browser CyberFox 51 (current version).
• Added support for browser FlashPeak SlimJet 13 (current version).
• Added support for Flash Player 25 (future version).
• Fixed program bug when removing temp files (installed.ini).
• Fixed program bug with blinking in the tray icon.
• Improved detection of incorrect installation of Net Framework and user will be provided solution for it.
• Improved startup: more details in the status bar.
WIPE makes it easy to protect your privacy and support for such a large number of programs helps to simplify the process of clearing activity logs beyond recovery.