Spybot Anti-Beacon is a portable tool which makes it easy to disable an array of privacy-related Windows 10 settings.
The program opens at a "Protection" tab, where it lists the status of ten individual areas: Telemetry Hosts, Telemetry Services, Telemetry Group Policy, Consumer Experience Improvement Program Group Policy, Consumer Experience Improvement Program Scheduled Tasks, Application Impact Telemetry Group Policy, Steps Recorder Group Policy, WiFi Sense (HotSpot Sharing) Group Policy, "Apps use advertising ID", P2P Windows Updates outside local network.
Unblocked settings are displayed in red, blocked in green. You can click Immunize to block everything, and Undo to restore your original settings, but there's no way to enable/ disable individual features.
An "Optional" tab offers more control, allowing you to toggle any of four features: Web Search Group Policy, Cortana Group Policy, OneDrive Service, Remote Registry Service.
A "Log" tab displays anything interesting Spybot Anti-Beacon has spotted as it works, and the "Change Log" tab tells you more about the latest Spybot Anti-Beacon build.
What's new in v1.4 (see full changelog):
- Service names are now read from the registry to be in local language
- About dialog now has an update checker
- Added details option to Optional immunizers
- Added FAQ tab
- Change log moved to About dialog to avoid too many main tabs and standardize SNL app changelogs
- Added license to About dialog
- Height auto-adjusted to screens work area now
- Base immunization type for adding IPs to firewall
- Added license to installer
Spybot Anti-Beacon is very easy to use, but provides no explanation of what it's doing, and doesn't allow you to disable/ enable most settings individually. For experts only.