Comodo Antivirus is a powerful antivirus tool that uses multiple layers of protection to keep your PC malware-free.
A behavioural scanning system watches running processes for suspect behaviour, for example, uncovering even zero-day threats before they can cause any damage.
Cloud-based whitelisting and detection systems improve accuracy, cut false positives, and deliver a faster response to new malware.
Back on your own PC, Comodo's Defense+ technology alerts you to applications that behave suspiciously. And if you download a program which you're not entirely sure is safe, then using Comodo's Sandbox allows you to run it in an isolated environment, where it won't be able to affect the rest of your PC.
Of course you also get a strong core antivirus engine, which scans all the files you access to detect and remove incoming threats. Explorer integration allows you to scan selected files, folders or entire drives from a right-click menu option, while the scheduler runs regular scans, even when you're not around.
New features this time include an auto-sandboxing policy, which by default keeps dubious programs isolated from your PC.
If this doesn't suit your needs, no problem: it's now possible to set up your own auto-sandboxing rules, using parameters like file reputation and origin.
Comodo Antivirus 8 now takes advantage of hardware virtualisation when available, allowing the program to operate at the hypervisor level.
An improved Viruscope makes it easier to monitor your system for unwanted applications.
Comodo Antivirus logs events to the Windows Event Logs, useful when you're troubleshooting.
This all comes packaged in a flat-look interface, which has also been redesigned to simplify navigation.
What's new in 8.2?
- After CIS installations you will be directed to a landing page where you will find the details of the product and the benefits of the features.
- In case you need you will be able to open Geekbuddy chat window directly on malware found notification window.
- CIS Firewall doesn't recognize safe applications with short-format path (e.g. \progra~1\)
- Diagnostics failed after update windows from Win 8.1 to Win 10
- Chromodo UAC and update offer appear during CIS installation
- Malicious and unrecognized file does not run in Sandbox from VTRoot folder
- Sandbox does not block malicious launched from 'Quarantine'
- CIS/CES COM components keys should be removed from registry after installation
- Incorrect displaying name in 'FW Application Rules' after removing application via "IOBit Uninstaller"
- ASE is freezes after launch 'Purge' with empty rule
Comodo Antivirus is a powerful antivirus tool, highly configurable and with plenty of interesting features. You won't necessarily be able to get by with the default settings, though - this isn't an "install and forget" program. You'll need to monitor closely what the program is doing to get the best results, so it's really not for security beginners