Both at home and in the office, we all have a great deal of information that needs organising. From contacts to appointments, EssentialPIM is a powerful personal information manager that makes it easy to keep on top of an ever-growing amount of information. The ability to store all of your email, addresses, lists and notes in one place makes the program a one stop shop for your organisational needs.
Thing is, you can’t always lug your computer around with you, so – perhaps mindful of this – Astonsoft has developed mobile apps for iPhone, iPad and Android. The Android version lets you access – and update – your contacts, notes, calendar, to-do list and passwords, with contacts being synchronized with the native app on your mobile.
In almost every way, the Android app is superior to its iOS counterpart: the interface is better developed, and closely resembles the desktop version to boost familiarity using it. Sadly, despite an ever-growing list of supported cloud providers, syncing quickly and seamlessly via the cloud requires you purchase EssentialPIM Pro 5.5; free users are left with the slightly clunky PC sync version – it’s wireless, but a little fiddly to set up and only works when EssentialPIM is running on your PC.
As apps goes, it does the job, which is critical. It’s a shame the screen is only formatted for mobiles, but problems syncing data appear to have been resolved on the whole, so long as you update the desktop version to 5.x.
- Tasks widget will now show recurrence and reminder icons regardless of the subject length
- Fully colored all day events are back for the month view in calendar
- App remembers last note list used and opens a note on it next time
- Work with note tabs even in the preview mode (add, rename, delete, reorder)
- Fixed notes synchronization with Google Drive
- All day events will now be correctly shown in calendar
- Week numbers fixed in calendar
- Updated translations
A good first stab at extending EssentialPIM support to the mobile platform, but there’s still plenty of room for improvement.