TeamViewer is an excellent desktop remote access tool that can be used to take control of your computer from any other computer with an internet connection. This iPhone/iPad app brings the same abilities to your mobile device making it easy to access your own computer when you're out and about, or offer remote assistance to others.
TeamViewer for iPhone takes full advantage of the iPhone's touchscreen, and a variety of gestures can be used to left click, right click, zoom, scroll and drag and drop. If your computer, be it a Mac or a PC, has more than one monitor attached to it, you can switch between which is displayed in the app with a quick shake of your iPhone.
It would be easy to think that controlling a desktop computer from the iPhone's small screen would be difficult, but it has been beautifully implemented. There is unavoidable scrolling and zooming required to navigate the desktop, but this is a small price to pay for the option to access your computer from anywhere.
The app can be used with proxies and firewalls without the need for complicated configuration and the integrated partner list provides easy access to the machines on which you have installed the desktop version of the program. 256-bit AES encryption ensures that your remote sessions are completely secure.
The free version of the app is designed for personal use and features a sponsor message on shutdown. If you would like to remove this sponsor or use the program in a professional environment you will need to use TeamViewer Pro which offers exactly the same features and options.
New features in TeamViewer 8 include:
• Hide the toolbar to get even more screen space for the remote computer
• Fully compatible with Windows 8 including shortcuts/buttons for edge gestures
• Optimized for all Windows 8 native gestures and touch capabilities
• Support for TeamViewer 8 group sharing
• 11 new languages: Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai, Greek, Indonesian, Romanian, Hungarian, Ukrainian, Croatian, Slovakian
• Reorganized app settings
• Various other improvements and minor bug fixes
Remote connections made easy - TeamViewer is a simple solution to a potentially complicated problem