Train travel made easy; plan your journey, check live train times & platform information in the palm of your hand. Buy tickets for any UK rail route in seconds!
We make train travel easy:
• Journey planning and train times.
• View live train departure boards.
• See what platform you depart from
• Recent and saved journeys on your home screen
• View station information including maps and local taxi numbers.
Buy tickets on the go:
• Buy tickets for any UK train route.
• Purchase tickets up to 10 minutes before boarding.
• Save your preferred payment card details.
• Collect from over 1,000 national rail stations.
• View ticket reference details in your app, even without a signal.
• Mobile ticketing available on selected routes**.
Buy tickets for all major UK train operators:
Abellio Greater Anglia
Arriva Trains Wales
East Midlands Trains
First Great Western
South West Trains
Virgin Trains East Coast
What's New in Version 6.7
Set up Apple Pay from Payment
Sometimes you need a good reason to try something new, now set up Apple Pay by adding a card to your iPhone Wallet, right from the Payment screen.
Re-written from scratch for watchOS 2.
Live tracker! Easier to find
Track the live position and platforms of your train, just look for ‘live tracker’ button on your search results.
Doubled search time from 3 months ahead to 6!
That’s another 3 months for the organised amongst you to find the very cheapest tickets.
Easier to find, on the top of the ‘Me’ screen. Lots of handy tips in there.
Now has clearer labelling to help you find it.
Me screen, better search results.
Tap on a recent search on the ‘Me’ screen and search results will now let you change the date and time.
What's New in Version iOS App 17
New year, new app update
In an uncertain future ruled by self-driving cars, VR motion sickness, celebrity presidency, and burgers grown in labs, there’s one thing you can rely on: new superpowers from your Trainline app. What a time to be alive.
We’re about to get 'meta' as the What’s New is what’s new. Yes, it’s new, it has emoji, we even drew a train (that moves!). We hope that makes you happy.
A great designer (Milton Glaser) once said, “There are three responses to a piece of design – yes, no, and WOW! We’re working on the last W of a new WOW feature for you all, so stay tuned for updates.
Simple and to the point, Thetrainline's iPhone app is a great mobile tool for commuters