When you think of installing a new email client, there aren’t too many options. If you happen to be both a Windows and Mac user, and want to use the same client across both computers, Thunderbird would be your most obvious choice.
Microsoft Outlook and the Mac-based Entourage are obvious options. However, Entourage isn’t the best commercial e-mail client and, to be fair, it isn’t cheap. You have to purchase Mac Office to install it on your computer and most users prefer the free Apple Mail.
Another choice is Postbox. This is a cross-platform commercial email client, based on the Mozilla platform, but with a whole host of new and powerful features that make it worth considering. If you’re used to a tabbed interface in your web browser, then using Postbox will be a breeze. You can open multiple emails within tabs, rather than separate windows. It separates the components of your email, so you can quickly see the main message, attachments, images, links and contacts associated with the email.
Search for an email within Postbox and you do not have to wait minutes for the result. The search options are presented immediately, much like spotlight in Mac OS X.
Reading emails through Postbox is made easy by the use of threaded discussions, so it will group together emails from various people, around the same topic. You can quickly open the topic and see every response. Ideal for following a conversation.
Postbox 5.0 brings these changes (see the changelog for more info):
- Updated Themes on Mac and Windows
- HiDPI support on Windows
- Quick Post
- Anti-Tracking Alerts
- Global Filters - create a new filter, use it across all accounts
- Added New Filtering Options
- Placeholder Data for Templates and Responses
- Improved Image Support
- Support for Emoji + Updated Emoticons
- New International Character Input Mechanism
- Improved localizations for German, French, Spanish (Spain), English (British), Italian, Dutch, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, and Swedish
- Improved Importer for Local Mail Files
- New Storage Option for Topics, Signatures, Responses, and the Address Book
- Point Size support in the Compose window
- Favorites Bar Improvements
- New Signatures Add-on
- New Responses Add-on
- Unread Count Indicator for Drafts Folder
?- Added more options to Filter, Reminder, and Junk toolbar buttons
- Added more options to Attachment contextual menus
- Added Account Name to the new account setup wizard
- Added new options to the trouble-shooting panel
- Identity bar in Compose window now displays full identity information for easier account selection
- Restyled the Attachment preview area so that long filenames are easier to read
- Implemented click-n-hold behavior for toolbar buttons on Windows
- Added more information to the Configuration Data screen
- Turned SSL3 off by default
- Other misc. fixes and enhancements
This new email client is ideal for both Windows and Mac users who is seeking a powerful system with a range of professional features