The best of Google in one app. Say “OK Google” and find everything from nearby restaurants to the calories in cheesecake. Google also shows you the info that you need before you ask, like updates on your favourite teams and traffic alerts.
Talk instead of type:
• Say “OK Google” then ask a question*
• Google will speak the answer aloud
Ask Google to help you do things:
“What good restaurants are there nearby?”
“Remind me to call mum at 5 p.m.”
Get Google Now cards and notifications:
• Start your morning with weather, news & traffic
• Get updates on sports, films & events
What's New in Version 19.0
• Search privately with incognito mode – Turn on “incognito mode” in settings and your search and browsing history will not be saved. You can also enable Touch ID for incognito mode, ensuring that only you can re-enter your existing incognito session if you exit the app. Pro tip: you can also enter incognito mode with a 3D Touch shortcut by hard-pressing on the app icon.
• Watch Youtube videos, direct in Search – You can now instantly play YouTube videos, directly from search results. No need to open new web page or the YouTube app.
• Improved compatibility with iOS 10 – increased stability for iOS 10 users.
• Performance improvements – Crash rate now reduced by 50%
A deceptively simple tool, the Google App deserves to be one of the first installations on any iPhone