Whether you are a power seller who wants to be kept informed of the latest sales in your online store, or a keen shopper who doesn't want to miss out on a bargain, the eBay iPhone app makes it possible to keep track of your online sales and purchases wherever you may be.
The interface is clean and uncluttered, and in many ways preferable to the main eBay web site itself, but it is not without quirks. Selecting the option to view a list of items you have sold for example, in fact loads the list of items you have for sale and there is the potential for a great deal of scrolling to be required to reached the necessary section.
On the plus side, the app makes it possible to make your incoming messages from buyers and sellers and access most of the features of the standard auction site. This means that it is possible to search for items you would like to buy and the choice to keep image small - with the option to view larger versions still available - performance is speedy even when a poor signal is available.
eBay for iPhone 3.2.0 brings these changes:
- Use the "Free in-store pickup" and “Click and Collect” options to purchase items from local retailers on eBay and pick them up in stores at a time that's convenient to you (US and UK only).
- Your personalized Feed is now accessible from the home screen.
- Share items to your Pinterest boards with the new Pinterest sharing option.
- Share via AirDrop.
- Swipe through images while on the item screen.
- Save time listing your items with our improved selling features.
- Thanks to your feedback we have also improved saved searches and increased the size of the back button.
eBay's iPhone app is unlikely to become your main means of accessing the auction site, but it is a handy way to access it on the move without compromising on features.