UltraEdit is a very powerful programmer's editor. Supremely customisable, it comes with multiple prebuilt Environments that allow you to set up the program just as you'd like.
The Programmer/ Developer environment adds syntax highlighting for more than 20 languages, while code folding helps to ensure that even the most complex documents remain readable. A dockable function manager assists with navigation, and the XML Manager provides a tree-style view of XML-based documents.
Other environments include Notepad Replacement, which can open files greater than 4GB in size; System Administrator supports FTP/ SFTP, and Telnet/ SSH access; Technical Writer adds column mode editing; and Compare Files quickly locates and highlights the differences between the documents you specify.
If there's no one environment to suit your needs, then it's easy to create one that does. And all environments benefit from a host of high-end editing features, including Unicode support, multiline search and replace, a 100,000 word spell checker, web search toolbar, integrated encryption/ decryption, and a scripting language to automate common tasks.
Version 22.10 brings (Changelog):
- Smarter indentation of auto-completed XML/HTML close tags
- After closing tag is automatically inserted, press Enter
- UE will reposition and properly indent the closing tag on the line beneath the new (active) line
- Convert Quick Find to multi-select
- Press Ctrl + , (comma) with Highlight All active to convert them to multi-selections
- Select some text, then press Ctrl + , to convert all occurrences of selection to multi-selections
- Create custom key mapping in Advanced -> Configuration -> Key Mapping (ViewConvertHighlightedToSelection)
- Highlight All Selected and search highlighting shown in the Document Map
- Highlight All Selected now uses entire selection (instead of just word under caret)
- Performance improvements for multi-caret editing with many selections/carets
- Document Map improvements with column mode, selecting, changing syntax highlighting, etc.
- Added support for Select All with Ctrl+a in "Edit Macro" dialog
UltraEdit is an exceptional editor, packed with essential features yet still surprisingly compact