Mac owners may not seem to be the most likely candidates for buying a Windows Phone over an iPhone, but there are certainly plenty of them in existence. Just as iTunes makes it easy for iPhone, iPod and iPad owners to synchronise their mobile devices with their computer, Windows Phone Connector or Mac provides much the same functionality or Microsoft handsets.
The software can be used in conjunction with either a Windows Phone handset, or a Zune HD device and can automatically synchronise your iTunes library with your device. Music, television shows, podcasts and other media can be synchronised providing DRM is not in use.
Any photographs or videos you have stored on your device can be quickly imported into iPhoto. The software also provides and easy way of updating your Microsoft handheld whenever updates are released.
Considering this is Microsoft software, it feels remarkably at home under iOS. This is an essential installation or any Windows Phone owners although some users are likely to find that the option to synchronise with iCal and Address Book is a frustrating oversight.
Windows Phone Connector for Mac 3.0 brings these changes:
• Support for Windows Phone 8 devices
• Drag and drop files between Windows Phone and your Mac desktop
• Drag and drop files from Finder to your Windows Phone 8 devices
• Support for iPhoto 9.3.2 and Aperture 3.3.2
• Support for battery charge state (Windows Phone 8 devices)
• Enhanced capability support for Ringtone files (Windows Phone 8 devices)
• Support for Retina display Macs
An excellent first release from Microsoft that just goes to show that cross-platform compatibility is entirely possible.