If there is one feature that iOS users have requested, it is that they wish a radio had been included in the phone by default. Unfortunately, this is not the case, and is something that is unlikely to be added in the near future, but TuneIn Raido may be the answer you have been looking for.
This nifty little app makes it possible to tune into streaming radio stations on your iPhone so you can listen to music or keep up to date with the latest news wherever you may be. You can search for stations by name or location, and the app will automatically detect your current location before displaying a list of local stations that may be of interest. Working through both 3G and wifi, TuneIn Radio can also record live radio broadcasts as well as providing the option to pause, rewind and fast forward programmes.
Whenever possible, the app will display album art for the song that is currently playing and shows at what time the current programme finishes. With access to programming schedule available, it is possible to play your day's listening. Should you find that your favourite radio station is not detected when performing a search, custom URLs can be added to increase the number of available stations. There are some iOS apps that it is worth parting with money for, and this is one of them.
What's new in v6.0?
- Updated look and feel
- TuneIn suggests stations, shows and categories to follow based on your interests
- Your past favorites are now the stations/shows you are following. You can find this in your Profile tab.
- Your personalized feed brings you live updates from the stations, shows and people you follow
- Use the Explore page to discover great new stations and shows to follow
- The TuneIn Echo lets you share what you’re listening to with your friends and followers
- Create your own profile so that your friends can follow you and what you are following on TuneIn
When you tire of your own music collection, TuneIn Radio ensures that you will always have something new to listen to.