TagScanner is a versatile tag editor that makes it easy to organise your music collection.
The program can automatically tag your audio files by working with file and folder names, or online databases (Freedb, Tractype, Amazon, Discogs).
Unusually, it's also able to work in the other direction, renaming files based on tags and other information. So if you currently have thousands of tracks that follow, well, no consistent naming structure at all, then this will fix the problem in just a minute or two.
And the program is compatible with all the standards you need. It can handle embedded lyrics and cover art. The program understands a wide range of tag types: ID3 1.0/1.1/2.2/2.3/2.4 tags, APE v1 and v2, Vorbis Comments, WMA tags and MP4(iTunes) metadata. And there's support for MP3, OGG, Musepack, Monkey's Audio, FLAC, AAC, OptimFROG, SPEEX, WavePack, TrueAudio, WMA, and MP4 files, with a built-in audio player allowing you to listen while the program works.
Version 6.0.18 brings (changelog):
- Improved: Handling of non-unique named text frames from ID3v2 tags (more compatible)
- Improved: Accelerated handling of covers for OGG and OPUS files
- New placeholder %_bitrate_type% for VBR or CBR indication (if available)
- Fixed: Work with pictures descriptions in editor
- Changed: Old ?OVERART fields from Vorbis Comments will be converted to the new METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE field while saving
- Changed: ENCODER field from Vorbis Comments no longer mapped to ENCODEDBY to prevent possible problems with MQA encoded files
A versatile, full-featured audio tag editor