Whether you're an expert photographer with a top quality camera, or just happy to snap away with your mobile, it doesn't take long to build up a big collection of digital photos. So why keep them to yourself? Install jAlbum and it'll help you build stunning web albums in just a few minutes, then you can share the results with friends and family just by sending them your album URL.
You'll need to create a Jalbum account first, but that only takes a moment, and there's nothing to pay. After that, simply drag and drop your favourite photos onto Jalbum. Choose your favourite skin in the "Skin and style" box, click Make jAlbum > Preview, and a browser window will open to show your album.
If you'd like to try another design, then close the window and select another skin. Otherwise, click Publish, and Jalbum will upload your photos to its web server. Again, it's very easy, no hassles over entering server names, passwords or anything else, you just sit back and watch the progress bar as it reports each file transferred.
Once your photos are online then Jalbum will give you a link that you can pass to friends, so they can also view your work. Web counters will show you which photos get the most attention, and visitors can even leave comments to let you know what they think of their favourite shots.
Note that since JAlbum 12, there's no ad-sponsered free version. It's now provided as a trial.
JAlbum 13.5 changes (see release notes for more):
- The thumbnails in jAlbum's Explore view are now zoomable. Zoom out to any extent to gain overview while arranging objects, zoom in to see details.
- The thumbnails in jAlbum's Explore view are now rendered in high resolution on HiDPI (Retina) screens
- Now automatically pops up upload/manage dialog on authentication errors while uploading.
- Developers: Added "clipLength" variable to conveniently present video length
- Now using HiDPI (retina) icons for the buttons of the video player user interface too
- Updated translations. Thank you dear translators
- Developers: JSON data now includes "thumb" node for root folder too, making finding the representing thumbnail for an album easier.
Fast, easy to use, packed with features and entirely free, this has to be one of the best web thumbnail gallery generators around