7GIF is a small portable tool for playing back and controlling animated GIFs.
At its simplest you can just drag and drop an animated GIF onto the program, and it will display and loop the full animation immediately.
Need more control? You can zoom in and out, or resize the window and animation to suit your needs. There's an option to control the speed of the animation. Or, if you prefer, you can step backwards and forwards, one frame at a time.
7GIF also includes useful options to print frames, and save one or all of an animation's frames as separate images.
A lengthy list of configuration options makes it easy to associate the program with GIF files, for instance, or set its window to stay on top of others, for easier access.
And all this power is presented in a simple and straightforward interface which looks as though it's a part of Windows itself, clean and clear, without any nag screens or adware, or even as much as a "Donate" button.
- Fixed a bug that caused the saving frames function in GIF format to save the whole animation per file;
- Fixed a bug that caused the saving frames function (of a GIF with transparent pixels) to ignore the selected background color in Jpeg and Bitmap formats;
- Fixed a bug that caused the GIF to play automatically after the window lost and regain focus;
- Fixed a bug that caused 7GIF to crash if "Resize the windows to fit the GIF at the selected zoom level" was selected and a GIF was open from Windows\File Explorer;
- Fixed a bug that caused 7GIF to not correctly load the saved size, position and status of its window;
- Fixed a bug that caused 7GIF to fail to launch if the .Net Framework 3.5 or 4.5 were not installed;
- Added 1.5x animation speed to "Increase speed" function and increased the limit from 4x to 8x;
- Included the latest version of the Japanese translation;
- 7GIF's installer now supports both the .Net Framework 3.5 and 4.x on Windows XP, Vista and 7;
- 7GIF's installer now runs the Native Image Generator (Ngen) to improves the performance of 7GIF.
They may be the most basic form of animation around, but animated GIFs are still fun and useful, and 7GIF is a great way to play them back